New netgear router blocking random sites

JuanDane
Aspirant

New netgear router blocking random sites

Hi everyone

I just bought this new netgear router and since i bought it i can't access to certain websites. I used to use an arris modem/router for my whole conection and now i just have it as a modem since the router function wasnt very good. Im using a Macbook Pro i don't know if that has something to do with the problem but im sure it's the router since I can't access on my phone either while im connected to it but can access from my mobile network.

Thank you for the help!

Message 1 of 8
William10a
Master

Re: New netgear router blocking random sites

@JuanDane wrote:

Hi everyone

I just bought this new netgear router and since i bought it i can't access to certain websites. I used to use an arris modem/router for my whole conection and now i just have it as a modem since the router function wasnt very good. Im using a Macbook Pro i don't know if that has something to do with the problem but im sure it's the router since I can't access on my phone either while im connected to it but can access from my mobile network.

Thank you for the help!

As I read your posting your Macbook Pro and your phone both not connecting to certain web sites any other devices with same issue?

What netgear router do you have?

Message 2 of 8
JuanDane
Aspirant

All of the other devices cant connect either(ipad, girlfriends phone, windows pc) and its the nighthawk AC1900
Message 3 of 8
William10a
Master

Can you plug one of the computers in the modem by passing the router and see if you go to one the web sites that you can not when your use the router?

Message 4 of 8
LeeH
Prodigy

I think the first thing I would do is try a reset.  Press in the reset button on the back of the router for at least 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts to blink.  Then when the router boots back up log into the web interface and change the admin password.  Leave all the other configuration items alone and test it out.

Message 5 of 8
JuanDane
Aspirant

I tried the reset and it didnt work Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
JuanDane
Aspirant

Tried this aswell and it didnt work same result

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@William10a wrote:

Can you plug one of the computers in the modem by passing the router and see if you go to one the web sites that you can not when your use the router?

@JuanDane - did you try this?  If so, what was the result?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E