回复: Newest update (1.0.4.18) disables "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" feature - pos

tooreck
Guide

Newest update (1.0.4.18) disables "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" feature - possible bug

After newest firmware update 1.0.4.18_10.1.49 the "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" feature no longer worked. The box "turn off" remains unchecked after setting the schedule, hitting APPLY and router reboot. I have made multiple attempts with same effect. As the upgrade "bonus", I have also experiences erratic internet connection issues - the internet would be gone until router was manually rebooted (power recycle) and even then it would take several minutes and a glimpse of luck for it to come back.

ALL THESE ISSUES WERE GONE AFTER REVERSING FIRMWARE BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION (1.0.4.12_10.1.46)!!! I had to download it from Netgear web site (tok a while to find the older version) and manually upload, which solved the problems. The Wi-Fi scheduling now works and there are no hiccups with internet connections anymore. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
zhuxuncheng
Aspirant

回复: Newest update (1.0.4.18) disables "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" feature - pos

Same Model.

I have encountered exactly the same issue after the latest update. 

strong dependcy upon such a function

Message 2 of 7
myersw
Master

Welcome to the crap Netgear firmware. Want to buy a r8000 or r8000p. Will sell cheap. 

Am now using a Asus rt-ac86u with RMerlin firmware. It just works. No Internet drops, no wireless issues, no issues of any kind. Do yourself a favor and trash the Netgear router and get a good product. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 3 of 7
dehaven
Tutor

I own a Nighthawk X6 R8000. THIS PROBLEM IS N-O-T FIXED. There are actually three issues here:

1. BIZARRE INTERFACE: The timezone setting for the router is hidden in the blocking scheduler. But even worse than this, the router scheduler is so hidden that one may think the blocking schedule IS the router scheduler. Both should be under Administration. What is advanced about scheduling your router to turn off so that you are not blasted with RF while trying to sleep? This is a MASSIVE interface design issue. If any at NETGEAR is listening, I am a retired programmer who used to earn a lot of money solving interface design FAILURES such as this. MOVE IT!
2. TOTAL SHUTDOWN. The router scheduler needs to AT THE VERY LEAST have a total software shutdown option, not just for RF. The router should be completely turned off by the scheduler.
3. MASSIVE BUG. How the heck does mature software like this have such a massive bug? The "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" unchecks itself when applying the update. I even went so far as to split my off time of 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM into two entries thinking the span across a day may be confusing the software.

I am not being critical just to hear myself speak. The truth is that when a company as large as Netgear gets this sloppy, it is indicative of problems so serious that I would divest myself of any of their stock. I challenge anyone in that company to explain to me why, even as a retired computer programmer, I must search for a timezone setting and a router scheduler so that my children may sleep without 5 Ghz RF signals in the night, when they are completely unnecessary, at least in my house? Anyone? Can anyone excuse this level of sloppiness?

Just do it! No, I mean, Just fix it!

Message 4 of 7
tooreck
Guide

Thanks for replying and confirming this problem. I wonder if Blanca will reply to this one, or she'll only kudo some easy not-working solutions such as "rebooted my router"... She, nor any other Netgear person, will not admit they have a massive issue with this. 

Dear Blanca - the issue remains NOT SOLVED!

Message 5 of 7
Xago
Guide

Re: Newest update (1.0.4.18) disables "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" feature - pos

I have the same problems with the router after the firmware update

* Turn off wireless signal by schedule

* Internet connection issues 

And rebooting or reinstalling won’t fix it.

Message 6 of 7
_JohnL_
Initiate

Re: Newest update (1.0.4.18) disables "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" feature - pos

Any update on IF netgear are going to fix this bug in the latest fireware revision?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements