Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night Hawk 6900v2 not getting my full speed

Lunacy1
Aspirant

Night Hawk 6900v2 not getting my full speed

I run through fiber 1 G and it will not get the full G it actually gets around 500 MB I tryed shutting off the qos or whatever it stayed the same am I missing something I can do because I will not downgrade the firmware
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Night Hawk 6900v2 not getting my full speed

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the CAT# lan cable in between the ONT and router? CAT6 is recommended for 1Gb speeds on the wire.

Are you speed testing with a wireless or wired device? Wired is preferred. 

Try a different wired PC to compare results.

What speed testing app are you using? Ooklas installable speed test app is recommended.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update and setup with out Armor, SPC or Traffic Meter enabled? 

Message 2 of 3
Lunacy1
Aspirant

Re: Night Hawk 6900v2 not getting my full speed

I had to step out I can tell you details when I get back but the isp tryed everything they could to help get it to 1 G. it only got a 600 MB option but on a the 5G it got the option for for 1500 but won't go over 600 but the router they usually provide to costumers was pulling the speed both ways but I'm a fan of the night Hawks i really don't want to switch
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7