• 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Night Hawk R7000 needs upgrade

My iphone stopped connecting to my Wifi, went through a lot of trouble shooting, turned on and off the Netgear routher which I bought from Bestbuy 2 years ago, no problem with the cable internet service which they tested, replugged everything, when I tried to log on to my Netgear account, put in my serial #, nothing happen, finally found a phone #, called them, was on hold for 30-40 minutes, went through a lot of steps with her, and then she tried to sell me a service contract, unbelievable! I was so angry, this company should be investigated! It appears that a lot of people are experiencing this problem. I have another Netgear at my lake house but not having any problems, yet; I am going to Walmart and buying a router that will work in my large historic house in the city but I will never buy Netgear again. This is a scam!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: Night Hawk R7000 needs upgrade

@ClareB wrote:

finally found a phone #, called them, was on hold for 30-40 minutes, went through a lot of steps with her, and then she tried to sell me a service contract

Who did you call? If it was one of those sites found with a web search, then there is a high probability that it has nothing to do with Netgear.

Many of those listing are from third-party sites that pay to appear in the search engines. They then create sites that "borrow" the Netgear logo.

Those sites will also appear if you search for other makes of hardware. Using them can be dangerous.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

Netgear's support is limited to 90 days. You get that by registering your device and starting the process on the MyNetgear site.

@ClareB wrote:

My iphone stopped connecting to my Wifi

The first move with that sort of thing is to examine the phone, not the router.

The router puffs out wifi and it is then down to the phone to play ball.

You say nothing about what happens when you try to connect, but the first move is to tell the phone to forget that wifi connection and to connect to it afresh.

@ClareB wrote:

It appears that a lot of people are experiencing this problem.

What problem is that? And can you point to similar messages?

Unfortunately, the router makers have no control over what Apple does. From time to time Apple changes the software on phones and causes havoc for people.

To be fair to Apple, Google has also done the same thing with Chrome devices.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2