Night Hawk x10 Setup

CaddyShack80
Aspirant

Night Hawk x10 Setup

Are there any Netgear wireless controllers that are compatible with the R9000 — Nighthawk X10 AD7200?

I need to setup several in a buiding and would like to avoid having to manage them all individually if it's possible.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Night Hawk x10 Setup

it sounds like you're trying to mix consumer gear and business equipment? 

I would stick to the business equipment designed for this or you'll have a cobbled together system that probably isn't going to function as it should. 

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/wireless/wireless-management/default.aspx

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 4
CaddyShack80
Aspirant

It is a mixture for sure. It isn't for a real world solution. My employer wants to experiment with 802.11 AD. The night hawk is the only viable router that uses AD so my options are limited. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

There aren't many devices that even support AD and most manufacturers are moving to AX instead of AD because AX is backwards compatible and broadcasts further. 

Buy an AX and an AD router to experiement with to show your employer. And compare costs. 

But again, you're using consumer gear and wanting a business wireless controller. I don't believe it'll work. 

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E