Re: Night hawk 7800 disconnect problems

SergentPanda45
Aspirant

Night hawk 7800 disconnect problems

I recently was having internet issues, normal disconnecting and such. So I did some investigating and found out my router firmware was out of date so I updated it and now I disconnect constantly all day. I have no idea what to do. I don't want to pay 89.00 dollars to have Netgear give me some excuse and end up having to pay more money. Is there any suggestions I can get to fix this ? I think I may need to re download the firmware using my computer but again I don't know what to do. Please help. Thank you.
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

What does "disconnect" mean here? WAN or LAN or WIFI disconnect? 

Also, which modem is in front of your device?

Have you done a factory reset? If no, then do it and see if you get these disconnects again

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.88SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 16 TB
Message 2 of 5
SergentPanda45
Aspirant

Uh it's almost like the router restarts because everything disconnects , wired and wifi. I did a reset and it didn't help.
Message 3 of 5

@SergentPanda45 wrote:
I did a reset and it didn't help.

Was that a hard "clip in the back" reset or just a power on/off cycle?

I ask because in the past people have mistakenly assumed that the on/off move is a reset.

And don't reload saved settings after a reset.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

You don't say which firmware version you have now.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
SergentPanda45
Aspirant

Alright alright, I get what you are say. For starters , I know what a factory reset is. My modem is not a combo, it's a modem from midco. And even if It was a combo, I probably would have had problems way sooner than now. The firmware I have, which j redownloaded and reinstalled ,is 1.0.2.62. if I'm being honest the problems have stopped for now. But I'm not convinced it's "fixed" just because the firmware file may have been corrupt.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E