Night hawk R8000- very slow LAN connection

whatsupwithit
Follower

Night hawk R8000- very slow LAN connection

I have the most recent firmware and wifi works great. But when I connect couple of my Windows10 PC with ethernet,  internet gets really slow (11mbps download). If I connect those pc directly with the modem then I get the desired speed (80 mbps download). I have QoS and traffic meter is off and MTU has the right settings. 

Any idea why lan is so slow when connected with router?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
HS4842
Aspirant

Re: Night hawk R8000- very slow LAN connection

When you turn off QoS you also must turn off WMM. A home between is not large enough to really need bandwidth management. The problem might be your Windows network adapter configuration as well as any service you have running on windows. Make sure that the adapter speed is set correctly and that it is set for full duplex.

Additionally see if Windows update is trying to run. They will eat bandwidth.

Message 2 of 4
IrvSp
Master

WMM should be on, not off.

How are you testing wired speed?

You can enable QoS and use the speed test on that page to see what the router thinks it is. Once done, DISABLE QoS.

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

@IrvSp wrote:

WMM should be on, not off.

How are you testing wired speed?

You can enable QoS and use the speed test on that page to see what the router thinks it is. Once done, DISABLE QoS.

Agree. Turning off QoS does not mean also turn off WMM.. In fact WMM off can effect wireless negatively. Should be on as IrvSp says. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E