NightHawk AC1900

DellModzZ
Aspirant

NightHawk AC1900

Yes i am trying to spoof my mac for a new ip but when i change it the systema reboots but the enternet does not come back up and the only way i can get it to come back up is to make it the Default Address can anyone help me with this

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
TheEther
Guru

Re: NightHawk AC1900

Are you using a reasonable MAC address?  You, especially, want to avoid setting the Multicast bit in the address.

Have you tried rebooting your modem after spoofing the address?

Message 2 of 7
DellModzZ
Aspirant

yes i am but all it does it comes back on but i can not get it to come back on without setting it back Default Address mac

Message 3 of 7
TheEther
Guru

When you say it does not come back on, is the link light on the router off?

Are you making up a MAC address or spoofing your computer's MAC address?  Does your computer work while directly connected to the modem?

Message 4 of 7
DellModzZ
Aspirant

yes it does everything works 100% but when i spoof my mac being me making 1 up are using my pcs mac the nighthawk come back on but the internet does not come back all lights are good but the globe  its like red color

Message 5 of 7
DellModzZ
Aspirant

it all works but does not come back when i try to spoof the mac

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Use any wired PC directly to the modem reboot modem then PC after a bit you should get Public IP......Then use same PC WIRED to router and setup router and select use PC MAC

Reboot both and wait................................................................

Disable IPV6 if enabled.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E