Mabent3218
Aspirant

NightHawk R6100 Internet goes down every day with Amcrest WiFi Camara

I recently  upgraded my router and ever since the Internet has been going down daily. I have to unplug and plug back in everyday.  I first updated the firmware.  We also had Charter Spectrum out to the house twice and they gave us two new modems, checked the lines going in the house and installed some kind of booster. No success.  I did some research online and read about this router with Amcrest Camaras.  I unplugged the camara for about 3 days and internet was fine.  When I plugged camara back in Internet work for about 15 hours and then went down again.  I went online to search for solutions.  I read about reserving an ip address, so I tried that, but still went down the next day.  I have also read the solution would be to set a static ip address for the camara.  I would need to set a range for my other devices on the routers LAN setup and then go into my camara's network setup to assign a statice IP address.  Is there anyone that can walk me thru the step by step process?  For example, what range of numbers to use, camara address, etc.  I don't want to mess everything up!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Mabent3218
Aspirant

Re: NightHawk R6700 Internet goes down every day with Amcrest WiFi Camara

Sorry it is an R6700

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos