Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk R6900P Restarting Randomly

jeepx19
Tutor

NightHawk R6900P Restarting Randomly

Howdy Folks,

I have a Nighthawk R6900P which has been restarting at random lately. It is on the latest firmware, V1.3.2.134. It seems that at random, the router performs a full restart. Of course, following the restart the logs are cleared.

Is it possible to configure the router to retain the logs following the reboot so that I can see what was happening leading up to the restart? The logs are essentially pointless if the reboot kills the logs.

Thanks in advance,

Jeepx19

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: NightHawk R6900P Restarting Randomly

the logs are a bit pointless since the reboot resets them. 

have you tried a factory reset/clean install (not from backup)? 

When did it start happening?

Message 2 of 5
jeepx19
Tutor

Hi Plemans, apologies for the slow reply.

I have not attempted a factory reset. I might do that just to see what happens. I do feel like the problems began when the most recent firmware update occurred last month. 1.3.2.134 dropped sometime in January and I think that is when it started. 

Message 3 of 5
ncohafmuta
Aspirant

@jeepx19 Did you end up doing a factory reset and did it help? I had my R6900P randomly reboot 2 weeks after upgrading to .134

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 4 of 5
jeepx19
Tutor

For those who stumble on this thread... I did discover that the cause of this issue is my Oculus Quest 2. When the Quest 2 is turned on, the wifi network crashes. I cannot figure out why it does it, but I found the cause.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7