Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NightHawk R7000 Router login page 192.168.1.1 inaccessible

NightHawk R7000 Router login page 192.168.1.1 inaccessible

I received an email for the new firmware update so I tried to access the login page at 192.168.1.1 but it times out.

This page isn’t working

192.168.1.1 didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I tried going to routerlogin.net and when it asks for the username and password (which is the default admin & password) it says the password is wrong so I get the option to recover the password by entering my serial number and nothing happens. This is the address in my browser http://www.routerlogin.net/MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm

I'm using Chrome on an iMac MacOS Sierra version 10.12.5.  I also tried using Safari with the same results.

When I open the Netgenie app I can not login there either although everything looks fine and I am up and running.

Help... Please,
not blueharleytom but Mrs blueharleytom

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Well... after rebooting my whole system and tweaking some of my privacy settings (firewall, antivirus) I was able to login to routerlogin.net and get the firmware update and add my other components to the router.  I think it's good for now.  I lost the original wifi that was set up for me by the GeekSquad but I have new ones from xfinity/Comcast.  Thank you for answering my plea for help.  I really appreciate it.

Susan (Mrs blueharleytom)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
William10a
Master

Have you tried a reset on the router clear the router back too default?

May be some of the old firmware was left behind in the memory.

Message 2 of 6

I did and now I have more issues with all of my connected devices not showing as connected.  And I still can not access the router login.  I hope this doesn't mean I need to call in the GeekSquad.

Any ideas?

Thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it!

Message 3 of 6
William10a
Master

Can you get wifi devices to connect too the router if so you may be able access the router's gui .  

Message 4 of 6

Well... after rebooting my whole system and tweaking some of my privacy settings (firewall, antivirus) I was able to login to routerlogin.net and get the firmware update and add my other components to the router.  I think it's good for now.  I lost the original wifi that was set up for me by the GeekSquad but I have new ones from xfinity/Comcast.  Thank you for answering my plea for help.  I really appreciate it.

Susan (Mrs blueharleytom)

Message 5 of 6

May be your Router's Default IP Address may not be http://192.168.1.1 , i would suggestion you to check with 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1 !!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7