Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk R7000 Router page inaccessible

hector1990
Aspirant

NightHawk R7000 Router page inaccessible

Hi,

This is a brand new router outta the box! & am not able to login or access the Router's pageon my Desktop! My Default gateway (ipconfig) is 192.168.1.1! 

steps that I treid

1.) 192.168.1.1 , 10.0.0.1, routerlogin.net all three are inaccessible! 

2.) the router connects fine via wireless, I can access the login page from my phone with 192.168.1.1! 

3.) I can access it from my Laptop Wired/WIreless! 192.168.1.1!

4.) Hard reset .... nothing helped. 

5.) to isolate the issue, I tried with different cables & another router & they just connect fine.

Help appreciated 🙂 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
mondenath
Prodigy

Re: NightHawk R7000 Router page inaccessible

try adding routerlogin.net and Gateway IP in trusted zone or sites. So it will never block going forward.

By way did you tried on the new beta firmware , its fast and has few improved features

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-firmware-v1-0-5-44-limited-release/td-...

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
netwrks
Master

You can't login on to the router? Have you tried to connect to the default SSID and passphrase provided with the router?  If you do an ipconfig  /all does your laptop or desktop get an IP Address from the router when connecting with an ethernet cable??

The other router is disconnected?

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Have you tried another ethernet port?

Message 2 of 8
storm1985
Prodigy

Try disabling any firewall on your Desktop.

If you can access the router on your phone and laptop then definitely not a router issue. 

Message 3 of 8
hector1990
Aspirant

Hi, Uninstallating the AnitVirus worekd(Kaspersky Internet Security 2015), now am able to access the router page!
any work around for this?

Thank you very much 🙂

Message 4 of 8
mondenath
Prodigy

try adding routerlogin.net and Gateway IP in trusted zone or sites. So it will never block going forward.

By way did you tried on the new beta firmware , its fast and has few improved features

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-firmware-v1-0-5-44-limited-release/td-...

Message 5 of 8
hector1990
Aspirant

Hey,

I uninstalled Kaspersky(trail) on Bitdefender now, its not blocking! & am on the factory shipped firmware[V1.0.3.56_1.1.25], will try the recent firmware now 🙂 

just one question... Why would a Antivirus program block a simple router page? I've Kaspersky installed on my brother's laptop & Asus router with 192.168.1.1 works fine!

Thanks for the help! 

Message 6 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi @hector1990,

Welcome to Community!

The Anti-virus might be too strict. It blocks the page as it is not using any certificate since it is only offline or only uses HTTP. This depends on the anti virus on how it sees the page.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
storm1985
Prodigy

Good job @hector1990 !!! glad it is now working...... 🙂 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies