Re: NightHawk R7000P constanty reboot/lights flashing

fxtech12110
Follower

NightHawk R7000P constanty reboot/lights flashing

Hello Community... we recently purchased 3 Netgear Nighthawk R7000P routers to use from our medical ofice building to provide connectivity to our cameras, office workstation, and access control system.

We have been having constant connectivity issues where the device needs to be restarted manually OR the device resets itself back to factory settings.  The devices are connected to UPS battery backups so I doubt its caused by a power surge. 

One of the routers in now in a constant reboot loop as it appears fro the LED lights flashing.  

Any thoughts on what could be causing these issues?  I have attached a video link of what the router LEDs are displaying.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 10
DWILSON022
Initiate

Hi, just wondering if you  ever found a resolution to this issue.   I have the same model  that is doing the exact light flash sequence as the video you posted.       Thank you. 

Message 2 of 10
Slybear
Initiate

Today I cought the same issue on my R7000P, month and a half ago on R7000.

Now I have two winking units.

Any ideas appreciated.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router, R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 10
ryanparr33
Initiate

Anyone have a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem after an auto firmware update. C'mon NETGEAR SHEEZ!

Message 4 of 10
chg911225
Initiate

Let this post keep floating because this issue just happened to me about an hour ago.

Everything was fine until my Wi-Fi connection was lost from my desktop. When I when to the router to check, I also witnessed that flashing LEDs with the same pattern as the video above. (https://youtu.be/-FZ57QZlcZY)

I googled and tried the TFTP method, hoping restoring the firmware image would fix the issue but I got stuck halfway through the instruction where it said I need to disconnected every connection except between the router and the computer.

Customer service is not even available because it already passed the warranty period.
For me, I went to Walmart right away and grabbed a router that is not Netgear's.

Message 5 of 10
Silicone
Initiate

Same thing now for me -- Can't connect to diagnose anything and can't find a way around this. 

Message 6 of 10
vitapigra
Initiate

Just had our R7000P do exactly as in the video.  From what I can tell, it's a failed auto firmware update.  Of course it's just out of warranty.

Message 7 of 10
jmamroud
Initiate

I just experienced the same issue. How can Netgear send an update that essentially bricks a device and then not support it? This is outrageous. If they don't make things right I will never purchase another Netgear product.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 8 of 10
roe97
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem, did anyone manage to find a solution? It seems to be a pretty widespread problem...
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 9 of 10
Nzero
Aspirant

My r7000p is now doing the same thing as in the video... Come on Netgear!!!

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E