NightHawk R8000 Internet Dropping

JohnHex
Follower

NightHawk R8000 Internet Dropping

I bought my Nighthawk router a few months ago, and haven't really had many problems at all up until yesterday. I had a party over for the 4th, and since then the wifi has been cutting out every few minutes, making it impossible to be in discord VC's, play online games with friends, stream to Twitch, or even just browse on the internet on my PC. I have a standard Spectrum Modem and don't really live in a city or anything, so reception can be kind of spotty out here. I'm not sure if having that many people on the wifi could affect it, but at this point I just want to make sure I'm not skipping any possibilities. Even if i have to buy a new modem, I'd be happy as long as I knew what was going on and that there was a way to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2

Re: NightHawk R8000 Internet Dropping

@JohnHex wrote:
I bought my Nighthawk router a few months ago, and haven't really had many problems at all up until yesterday. I had a party over for the 4th, and since then the wifi has been cutting out every few minutes, making it impossible to be in discord VC's, play online games with friends, stream to Twitch, or even just browse on the internet on my PC.

Try restarting everything on your network in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

@JohnHex wrote:
I have a standard Spectrum Modem

Make and model?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E