NightHawk R8000 Router Login Issue

skeeter805
Luminary

NightHawk R8000 Router Login Issue

Hey folks - I'm not able to get to the dashboard on www.routerlogin.net for some reason. I completed the setup just fine and am currently on the routers network. But I keep getting a message that I'm not connected to the network and to check the connection. And when I do not get that message, the site keeps timing out. Any tips/thoughts? Thank you!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: NightHawk R8000 Router Login Issue

Start about here: How to troubleshoot routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com access errors

routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net and their www friends can only work if the DNS does point to the Netgear Nighthawk DNS only. This does certainly work if your computers get the interface config from that very same router DHCP. Other DNS will resolve to the fall-back page hosted in the Internet. Never looked on the timers set - of course this could cause an issue where the computers DNS clients will cache the resolved IP address longer than what you might expect. So it' also possible that the IPv4 address of that public Web server with the note is held much longer on the computer than people expect. But all these names are resolving to the LAN IP configured on a Nighthawk router and provide the A record as 192.168.1.1 by default.

It might happen your new router is located behind another NAT router. Not an ideal solution of course. If a Nighthawk router does discover it's connected to a 192.168.1.9/24 network on the WAN (Internet) side, it will re-configure the LAN to 10.0.0.0/24 with the router on 10.0.0.1 if I have it right. With this address changed, you have to reboot the computer and ensure it does fetch the new network config form the router DHCP. Otherwise the above will fail again. 

And in case your computer has another alternate connection to the Internet - yes, this could easily break all the above again.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E