NightHawk R8000 no internet after VLAN enabled.

mason808
Follower

NightHawk R8000 no internet after VLAN enabled.

Firmware V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

I get no internet after I enable the VLAN/IPTV. I have read a post that mentioned setting up with ID 0 (zero) would fix but It doesn't allow me to set it to 0. Has this issue been resolved yet?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
ChristopheCvr
Aspirant

Re: NightHawk R8000 no internet after VLAN enabled.

I have just buyed that router, especially for the vlan tag support.

It is just installed firmware upgrade to v1.0.4.18_10.1.49

No internet when VLAN/IPTV is on .

I'm not the only one it seems. Also others on the X10 R9000 have same issue. By them it does work when they install other router firmware or downgrade the firmware so that they can asign vlan = 0 to the internet vlan tag.

This is a serious firmware bug and just makes the vlan tagging (and that the reason a buyed this router !!!) usseless.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 4
ChristopheCvr
Aspirant

Wel answer found. The isp cable modem(TELENET-AS) wan port does not support vlan tagging. This means that tagging must be disabled on the wan port which is not possible. Due to that we can't use vlan tagging for rest of network. What actually is missing is the possibility to remove vlan tagging for a port but still set it in a specific vlan group.

Message 3 of 4
ChristopheCvr
Aspirant

I hope some off netgear dev team does read this.

I now noticed that if tagging is enabled the wan announce itself as a lan. For that it does not receive a public ip that's why the modem refuses to assign a public ip.

If I try to connect a pc direct on modems wan or just with a unmanaged switch in between the modem refuses to give a public ip. This whas not so with my old isp cable modem. And it is done for security reasons.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements