Nighthawk 7000 Genie remembers pwd even when 'remember password' box is unchecked.

HLMSPL
Aspirant

Nighthawk 7000 Genie remembers pwd even when 'remember password' box is unchecked.

In the Router Login screen of the Netgear Genie, my admin password is remembered even though I have the 'remember password' box unchecked. Anyone with access to my pc could start the genie and change the router settings. My genie is pc version 2.4.62. I've looked for available updates on netgear.com. I only see downloads for Android and iPhone versions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
rinthos
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk 7000 Genie remembers pwd even when 'remember password' box is unchecked.

@HLMSPL wrote:

In the Router Login screen of the Netgear Genie, my admin password is remembered even though I have the 'remember password' box unchecked. Anyone with access to my pc could start the genie and change the router settings. My genie is pc version 2.4.62. I've looked for available updates on netgear.com. I only see downloads for Android and iPhone versions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sadly Netgear has stopped all development on the Genie Windows and Mac applictations 😞 

They're directing people to use the Nighthawk app on Android or iOS .  I'm not sure why you're having the password persist, not happening on my older computer...I seem to recall having issues with genie when trying to run it as a regular user vs. running as an administrator on Windows 10 if that gives you something to look into..

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E