Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk 7000 drops internet, red light every few weeks

JManIzLost
Follower

Nighthawk 7000 drops internet, red light every few weeks

Every 2-4 weeks, Nighhawk internet light goes red and devices can connect to the router, but no internet.

My set up -

Verizon Fios modem/router. 

Have devices connected wired and wireless to that modem. 

Verizon modem wired direct into the R7000 Nighthawk router.

Have the Nighhawk router set to AP mode.

Have devices connected wired and wireless to that router.

Sudden loss of internet on R7000 while nothing has changed. Internet working one moment, then not working.

Red light for internet on the R7000 - flashing quickly (as though there is activity).

Fios router continues to work and devices can connect wired and wireless and access internet.

Can connect to R7000, but no internet.

Only solution I have found is to reset router to factory settings. 

Can get into routerlogin.net to access router controls - RED for Internet.

Even with re-set, still cannot access internet on R7000 until the NEXT MORNING, when it starts working fine.

Not even sure a router re-set is the fix, since I also have to wait until the next day.

(I can try not re-setting at all next time and just waiting overnight).

No idea how this could be a random IP address conflict. Only happens once ever few weeks, and have the router set to AP mode.

Do not suspect wire/connection issues, since nothing has changed (nothing changes between the moment internet working through R7000 and the next moment when it suddenly stops).

Do not suspect need for firmware update - have udpated, and occurs out of the blue.

All hardware, all connectivity (wired/wireless, to Fios router, to D7000) router works consistently until this event occurs.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7