Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk 7000 - iPhone 5 wifi connection drops

johend
Aspirant

Nighthawk 7000 - iPhone 5 wifi connection drops

Our Nighthawk 7000 offers a perfect Wifi experience with all devices, except with the iPhone 5c and 5s. These iPhones can connect to Wifi without a problem, but after a while there is no activity any more during 5 to 10 minutes, although the Wifi connection is still present. Then suddenly internet activity is there again. I heard this is a typical issue with certain Apple devices, and that some iPhones will only work well with Apple routers. But is there anything else I can do, like a router setting in my Nighthawk? It already has the latest firmware.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
johend
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk 7000 - iPhone 5 wifi connection drops

I see, I wasn't aware of that! The router has always downloaded the latest (beta) firmware, but apparently won't downgrade automatically when a release is withdrawn. So we were still on 1.0.6.xx.  I have immediately installed V1.0.5.70_1.1.91 and will see what happens. Maybe I should restore to factory settings as well. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

What firmware would that be? The Official latest is V1.0.5.70. There had been beta's releases with higher numbers that were recalled. Those beta's had stability issues similar to what you are reporting.

Message 2 of 4
johend
Aspirant

I see, I wasn't aware of that! The router has always downloaded the latest (beta) firmware, but apparently won't downgrade automatically when a release is withdrawn. So we were still on 1.0.6.xx.  I have immediately installed V1.0.5.70_1.1.91 and will see what happens. Maybe I should restore to factory settings as well. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
johend
Aspirant

It's been a week since we got back to 1.0.5.70_1.1.91 and the problems seem to be gone! Thanks again.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7