Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk 7800 firmware and as said thr

paulmason1601
Aspirant

Nighthawk 7800 firmware and as said thr

Hi 

Since the last firmware update if i am using the web interface i cannot modify any of the attached devices i just get a Bad Error 400 page 

I can however use the Net genie to look at the devices but i do not seem to have the same amount of control i had using the web interface      on the previous firmware.I am using Win 10 pro edition version 1709 and i am using Google chrome as my prefared web browserand as mentioned i am running the new firmware V1.0.2.46 .the new firmware does however seemed to have sorted my ready share vault software as it seemed to keep going down and when i restarted it it kept losing the drive and i had to re choose the disc which seemed to open a new folder every time instead of the one i had made for the back up folder.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
paulmason1601
Aspirant

hi thank you but i think my problem was to do with my settings before the update as i was advised to do a factory reset and that seemed to have sorted the problem it seems a little extreme to factory reset after a update as my routers i had in the past seemed happy just to reboot after firmware update  but as i said after a full factory  it seems to be running as it should thank you again for your help

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Was this happening on the previous FW version? 

Does this happen with IE11 or FF browsers? 

Did you clear all browser caches before entering the routers web page? 

Message 2 of 5
paulmason1601
Aspirant

hi thank you but i think my problem was to do with my settings before the update as i was advised to do a factory reset and that seemed to have sorted the problem it seems a little extreme to factory reset after a update as my routers i had in the past seemed happy just to reboot after firmware update  but as i said after a full factory  it seems to be running as it should thank you again for your help

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sometimes there are big differences in FW versions and yes, it's nice to keep the configuration persistent thru FW updates, however there maybe changes in newer FW that makes some configurations in compatible. So ya, factory reset and set up from scratch will be needed. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 5

@paulmason1601 wrote:

hi thank you but i think my problem was to do with my settings before the update as i was advised to do a factory reset and that seemed to have sorted the problem it seems a little extreme to factory reset after a update as my routers i had in the past seemed happy just to reboot after firmware update

A reset is the first thing to try if you suffer from with post-flash issues. As you have found, it isn't always needed, but sometimes Netgear makes changes that seem to need it.

Sadly, Netgear's release notes aren't always as helpful as they could be, just a bunch of generic boilerplate stuff.

This reset thing is a long running bone of contention for many users.

Never rebuild a configuration from scratch again! - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7