Nighthawk AC 1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Mcc3195
Tutor

Nighthawk AC 1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

So I’ve had my nighthawk over a year, and the WiFi will just stop working randomly. All devices phone tablet Xbox tv etc will stop working for 10 to 30 seconds. Not long but happens so frequently that it is very very irritating. Lags you in gaming or stops videos. Sometimes the only way to get it back on is to restart the router.

If I’m hard wired to the modem on any device it does not happen, so it is a router problem.

I have always heard great things about the nighthawks so I spent the $200 only to find out that mine isn’t working and that netgears support is not what I figured it would have been. I shouldn’t have to pay more money to speak to someone about a defective product. I am not a satisfied customer, I’d like to get this fixed but if not soon I believe I will be getting the new linksys Xbox router and saying goodbye to netgear forever
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Re: Nighthawk AC 1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Which firmware do you have?

Is this all wifi bands or just 2.4GHz?

Does this saga ring any bells?

R7000 keeps losing 2.4GHz wireless connectivity - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 8
Mcc3195
Tutor

Not sure on the firmware, I know I updated it some time ago thinking it may fix the issue but it did not. Devices show they are connected to the WiFi and just doesn’t work. I have devices on both the 5 and 2.4 and they all drop. I see now lots of people have this issue. Not sure what solution they found
Message 3 of 8

wrote:

I see now lots of people have this issue. Not sure what solution they found

That's probably a different issue. The most common problem was loss of 2.4 GHz.

The solution they found, after several attempts by Netgear, was new firmware, and Google's update of its chromecast code.

Your symptoms don't seem to be quite the same. Their 5 GHz stayed connected.

wrote:
Not sure on the firmware, I know I updated it some time ago thinking it may fix the issue but it did not.

Try again. You probably won't get far without at least trying. Bug fixes are partly what firmware updates are for. That and security fixes.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 8
Mcc3195
Tutor

Okay when I get home I will try to reset to factory defaults and then update everything and will report back on what happens. I will also make sure I have two devices on both channels so that I can confirm that both are not working. Thanks for the help
Message 5 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi Mcc3195,

Please try this firmware if you have R7000.

https://kb.netgear.com/000053870/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-26-Hot-Fix

Message 6 of 8
Mcc3195
Tutor

I don’t think this really matters but I should have said I am using this as a access point.

That being said, I have updated the router to most current firmware.

I also downloaded and installed the firmware above. Still having issues. Wish that would have worked....
Message 7 of 8

What issues do you have? Same as before? Did you factory reset after the latest flash? The number of people with problems with the R7000 seems to have dropped significantly after the latest round of firmware.

wrote:
I don’t think this really matters but I should have said I am using this as a access point.

That can make a difference. For example,

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Is this device attached to a router of a modem? If so, what is it?

Remember, routerlogin.net doesn't work on a router turned access point. That address will take you to the main router.

To get at the access point's controls you need to sneak up on it by finding its IP address on the network and pointing your browser at that address.

I don't know if any of that is relevant to your issue. But it may make it easier to mess around.

Just another user.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements