Nighthawk AC 1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router - A dud ! - Consistently Power Cycling

NNick
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC 1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router - A dud ! - Consistently Power Cycling

>>> Re. Nighthawk AC 1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router Consistently Power Cycling ( a dud!) <<<<

Request for assistance,

My router is periodically power cycling (refers to the act of turning a device or  electronic equipment off, or otherwise disconnecting it from its power source, and then turning it back on again).

I often lose phone calls, WiFI access & web collaboration meeting connectivity when the router power cycles leaving me out in the dark. There’s also a long delay to power back up. This is not only embarrassing but also impacting my business when losing communication with a business partner.

I have tried to reset the modem several tries but it does not solve the issue. The modem is approx. 9 months old.

Is it possible the Netgear brand has become  complete JUNK and  unreliable?  It seems Netgear routers do not even last a year…..

Any recommendation to solve this problem is appreciated.  Netgear support has gone dark with no support!.  Thanks in advance.

Model: C6900|High Speed Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk AC 1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router - A dud ! - Consistently Power Cycling

@NNick wrote:

>>> Re. Nighthawk AC 1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router Consistently Power Cycling ( a dud!) <<<<

There is no such thing as a Nighthawk AC1900.

AC1900 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds. Look at the label on the device for the Model.

Your footer says C6900 which is a Cable Modem Router. Is that what you own?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
NNick
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC 1900 MODEL C6900 >> Wifi Cable Modem Router - A dud ! - Consistently Power Cycling

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the Nighthawk AC 1900 is MODEL C6900. 

Any assitance the community can share is appreciated.

Model: C6900|High Speed Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 4

Re: Nighthawk AC 1900 MODEL C6900 >> Wifi Cable Modem Router - A dud ! - Consistently Power Cy

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Cable Modems & Routers

If it isn't too old, try the warranty return process.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements