Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC 5300 reboots to factory settings when I plug in my Ooma Telo

mlg250
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC 5300 reboots to factory settings when I plug in my Ooma Telo

My AC 5300 has been working very well with wide coverage for all of the three months I've had it.  However, I seem unable to plug my Ooma Telo into the router without having the router reboot and often having the computer reboot as well.  I have my desktop wired to the router and then the Telo would be the only other thing wired to the device.

I have an Arris 586183 modem and Time Warner Cable 200 down internet.  I get slightly over 200 on speedtest.net almost all the time, usually using a different DNS. 

I haven't been able to find very much information about proper settings in Genie so that the Telo works and the router doesn't reboot.  I'm hoping I have something set wrong but I don't know what.

The AC 5300 has been working perfectly without Ooma for 3 months.
Ooma was working perfectly with my old Apple Extreme for over a year.
Therefore I am assuming there is an incompatibility - or - hopefully, incorrect settings.

Would appreciate some help if at all possible.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mlg250
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC 5300 reboots to factory settings when I plug in my Ooma Telo

What do you mean when you say to reset the router via "gui"?  I have had to use the reset button twice to get my signal back after Time Warner was on the block doing work.  But it reset right away, found my network etc. and I was up and running.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
mondenath
Prodigy

Take backup and reset the router via gui. See without adding any additonal rules just keeping the wifi network safe with security and login changed if the router is stable. Then slowly add if any forwarding/triggering or QOS based rules along with additional settings etc. See if any new setting keeps triggering the router to reboot.

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

How was it connected before. Was it between modem and router or was it after the router?

Find your Ooma manual Read It, Study it. Depending on how it's placed in the network you'll have to change some settings. Specifically DHCP.

Message 3 of 5
mlg250
Aspirant

It was plugged in after the router, which (before the Nighthawk), was an Apple Extreme.  Never had any trouble.

When you say "change settings in the network", do you mean on my computer in networking? Running Win 7 Prof 64 bit with lots of memory and disk space.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 5
mlg250
Aspirant

What do you mean when you say to reset the router via "gui"?  I have had to use the reset button twice to get my signal back after Time Warner was on the block doing work.  But it reset right away, found my network etc. and I was up and running.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7