BrandonS
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1750 Losing internet connection

I am having some troubles with my Netgear router, I am on the verge of sending it back to amazon and getting a different brand router.  I am on my 3rd netgear router since October 28th.  My first one was small and didn't have the range I needed, wouldn't even broadcast two rooms away.  Only had it a week and sent it back.  Then I bought the nighthawk and for a minute I thought wow this is gonna be awesome.  Then we still show connected to wifi but we don't have internet.  I get on my computer and since the internet is wired through my router I don't have wired internet either.  I can reboot my router and everything is perfect until it does it again.  It can be up to 10 times a day sometimes.  I have a lot running on wifi but that shouldn't matter, it can do it when there isn't even anything but my phone on it. 

I have called netgear tech support and they had me reflash my firmware, that didn't solve anything.  They told me to call them back if that didn't fix it and they would send me a new router.  I emailed them back instead and they told me that it was not netgear and it was my internet provider.  I purchased it through amazon so I just returned the old router and got a replacement.  Now the second nighthawk is doing the exact same thing straight out of the box. 

I thought ok maybe it is my internet provider so I contacted them.  On  a trial basis they gave me a wireless router of theirs for a few days and I am on day 2 without any issues at all.  Which just to see I hooked in my netgear router to that one and the netgear one has quit still while the other one is going. 

This tells me that it is netgears problem and since all they can do is tell me to reboot or reflash my firmware then they don't know how to fix this problem. 

Does anyone know something I can try to get this fixed?   I am on fiber internet and have the latest firmware on my netgear nighthawk ac1750 R6700V2 router. 

I know this was long just hard to explain that I have done everything that I know to do. 

Thanks in Advance

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk AC1750 Losing internet connection

Message 2 of 4
dave4485
Aspirant

This sounds eerily similar to the issue I am having on my R6700 after firmware update (V1.0.1.32 or 36). I don't understand why Netgear can't seem to replicate this issue and comment. It seems like something causes the router to stop communicating with ethernet and wifi devices and stops accepting connections. It won't even ping when the problem occurs. You can see the wifi network but it won't connect if you (if you are disconnected). If you were connected when it happens, the internet stops working and you can't connected to the router's webpage or ping the router. However all the lights appear like they are working when the problem occurs.

Are you experiencing similar problems to what I have described?

Message 3 of 4
BrandonS
Aspirant

I went through 3 of them before I just gave up on netgear.  I bought a ASUS router and I have had it going since Tuesday evening.  I have not had the first problem out of it.  I tried contacting netgear about it and all they wanted to do was blame my internet provider or have me reflash the firmware which you can only do so many times and get the exact same issues.  My recommendation is to trash the netgear and go with another brand.  Its an expensive paper weight but at least as a paper weight it will do what it is supposed to do..hold the paper down lol. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements