Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1750

bowlero2
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1750

Have owned for about a year. Most status lights are currently blue. recently purchased a cat 6 ethernet cable to attach to laptop and the status light is RED. Why the diffence between blue and red status lights? Will the difference cause harm to my router?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1750

That router doesn't have any red led's built into the ethernet leds. . Its only amber/white. 

check in your network settings to see if its connected at a 100mbps link rate. If so, its amber (but maybe looks red). 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

which status light? 

the manual tells you which each led is and indicates. 

you can find the manual here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r6700

Message 2 of 8
bowlero2
Aspirant

was asked as a reply "which status light". The status lights corresponding to ethernet port 2, 3, 4, (tried all three) all light up red whenever I plug in my laptop  It was even suggested that I download the manual and it would explain it to me. Nothing in there about red lights that I have found.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Don't suppose that color is amber? 

directly from the manual: 

The LED color indicates the speed: white for Gigabit Ethernet connections and amber for 100
Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections.
• Solid white. A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port.
• Blinking white. The port is sending or receiving traffic.
• Off. No device is connected to this Ethernet port.

Message 4 of 8
bowlero2
Aspirant

I'm sure that the light is NOT amber, it is as red as as an apple. I have cable modem connected to the ethernet port, desktop computer connected to ethernet port #1 (both lights are blue/clear. Laptop is connected to ethernet port #2 and light is RED. We need to have the router connected to modem and desktop so that everyone else in the house can connect their devices and use the wireless network however this particular laptop needs an ethernet connection.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

so every device that connects to the router works properly except for the laptop? 

That's what I'm understanding from your prior statements. 

Message 6 of 8
bowlero2
Aspirant

the laptop that is connected to the router does seem to work properly and without any problems, I'm puzzled by the red light when all other lights are blue/clear. Could if be possible that the ethernet cables are classifed as cat 6? The other two ethernet cables are cat 5.

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

That router doesn't have any red led's built into the ethernet leds. . Its only amber/white. 

check in your network settings to see if its connected at a 100mbps link rate. If so, its amber (but maybe looks red). 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7