Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 D7000V2 Band Steering

Kurt31098383237
Follower

Nighthawk AC1900 D7000V2 Band Steering

I have been trying to get my grid connect Smart LED Oyster Light to work i have been in and out of telstra helplines and Gird connects helpline finally i got an answer on how to fix this problem, i have to disable Band Steering but i cant find it anywhere so im not sure what to do.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 D7000V2 Band Steering

I don't see that that model supports band steering/smart connect. 

Maybe a better description of whats actually going on and your setup can help. 

1. what firmware is on the router? 

2. is the D7000v2 running off dsl or do you have another gateway? 

3. what error/issue are you running into in details with connecting? remember we're not there to see whats going on so details are key. "won't connect" doesn't tell us much. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit and post about this over in the DSL Modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Thank you. 

@Kurt31098383237 wrote:

I have been trying to get my grid connect Smart LED Oyster Light to work i have been in and out of telstra helplines and Gird connects helpline finally i got an answer on how to fix this problem, i have to disable Band Steering but i cant find it anywhere so im not sure what to do.

Message 3 of 4

As this is a generic issue that will apply to just about every router that Netgear makes, insisting that someone goes off to a section that has very few readers is a disservice the person who asked the question. It guarantees that many people who may understand the problem will not see it. So let's stick with it here.

@plemans is on the case with talk of "band steering". Not only is it not there in the D7000V2, it is something limited to a handful of access points. None of Netgear's routers seem to have this feature.

So, let's repeat the reply from the section that very people will see.

Nighthawk AC1900 D7000V2 Band Steering - NETGEAR Communities

@Kurt31098383237 wrote:

I don't think you'll get much help here with that description. For a start I would begin by explaining what the problem is with the smart LED Oyster Light.

For a start, it would be interesting to know how decided that you need to "disable Band Steering".

This is something that features in the manual of a handful of Netgear's wireless access points.

I wonder if what is really the issue here is the usual 2.4 GHz versus 5 GHz challenge, a regular topic in these parts.

I assume that this is a wifi issue. So tell people what you are doing and where it goes wrong and you might get better advice.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7