Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Internet Port not working

LeeJay
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Internet Port not working

I am unable to access the internet using my NETGEAR Nighthawk R700 router. It appears that the internet port is not working because when trying to setup the router I am getting the following message: "No Ethernet Cable is plugged into the Router Internet Port" even though an Ethernet cable is connected. In fact, I tried multiple cables. In addition, the modem doesn't indicate that a device is connected when using the R7000 but for other devices it does. I tried resetting the modem several times but that didnt help.

I would appreciate some advice. Thanks.
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

You've left out some important information....

Is this a new router?  If yes.  Return for exchange.

You said you reset the modem.  Have you reset the router?

If you've tried connecting the internet port with different cables and have reset the router with no success, the port might be bad or has failed.  The router comes with a yellow high quality shielded ethernet cable.  Suggest you test with it.

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.68 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.84

Message 2 of 10
IrvSp
Master

Exactly which Port did you connect the cable from the modem in? The Yellow one or another one?

Are you using the SAME cable that the other device worked with?

Some DEBUG help, https://kb.netgear.com/28408/WAN-or-LAN-port-not-working and https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-to-configure-your-NETGEAR-router-for-cable-internet-connection-with....

Message 3 of 10
LeeJay
Aspirant

I did reset the router... I purchased the router in April and took it overseas and thought the issue may have been with the poor internet service. I am now back home and realized the router may have had an issue to begin with.

I used the yellow port and the ethernet cable that was provided. I also tried the cable from my old netgear router just to be sure. Neither worked.
Message 4 of 10
IrvSp
Master

Different voltage? Was the power adapter capable of handling the power differences if there was any?

Did you try the debug links I posted?

Message 5 of 10
LeeJay
Aspirant

Same voltage used in both countries... I did try the debug links you posted. When I did the "loopback test" none of the ethernet ports light came on. So I tested the ports using my modem and all lit except the WAN (internet) port.

With the other methods of configuring the router I couldn't go beyond the error message "No Ethernet Cable is plugged into the Router Internet Port".
Message 6 of 10
IrvSp
Master

I guess I'd look in the socket and see if a pin was bent/moved. Otherwise, you might be under the RMA replace warranty. Go to the SUPPORT tab on top, log in or create an account. Make sure the router is registered and then go to MY SUPPORT and select the router that is registered and then contact NG, and the RMA line unless you are within your e-mail/phone warranty period (varies by country) and report the problem.

Message 7 of 10
LeeJay
Aspirant

Thanks... Will do
Message 8 of 10

I don't see any mention of the make and model of the modem involved here.

I assume that you went through the correct network boot regime.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 9 of 10
LeeJay
Aspirant

Pardon my delayed response. I did follow the steps you outlined but no luck. The particulars are:
Modem: Zhone
Model number: 6519-W1-NA-1GT
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E