Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 Won't connect to internet Options

Mjboom
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 Won't connect to internet Options

Just upgraded to Xfinity X1 and now I don't have any internet connection between the Comcast cable modem and my router.  Router is sending good signal just no internet!!  Help??

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 Won't connect to internet Options

Try power cycling your modem. It may have locked onto the MAC address of the last device connected to the modem prior to your router. If it still doesn't work, then try entering the MAC address of that device into the router. Log into the router, click on the big Internet panel, scroll to the bottom, click on Use this MAC address, and enter the MAC address there. While you are there, make sure that R7000 is set up to get its IP address dynamically from ISP.

If that still doesn't work, then you may have to call Comcast to register the router's MAC address with them. They will, then, program the modem to authorize Internet service to your router. You should not have to resort to this. I think Comcast doesn't do this any more.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 Won't connect to internet Options

Try power cycling your modem. It may have locked onto the MAC address of the last device connected to the modem prior to your router. If it still doesn't work, then try entering the MAC address of that device into the router. Log into the router, click on the big Internet panel, scroll to the bottom, click on Use this MAC address, and enter the MAC address there. While you are there, make sure that R7000 is set up to get its IP address dynamically from ISP.

If that still doesn't work, then you may have to call Comcast to register the router's MAC address with them. They will, then, program the modem to authorize Internet service to your router. You should not have to resort to this. I think Comcast doesn't do this any more.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7