× Some paid Circle Parental controls customers may be showing free options only. Router firmware correcting this issue will be available ASAP. Visit Status.NETGEAR.com for updates.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Nighthawk AC1900 / R7000 WiFi Stopped Working

I have the AC1900 / R7000 Nighthawk router and it has been working great the past few years. The past couple days our wifi has been cuttiong out. Phones and computers can still see the wifi, but If I try to connect, it won't. By looking at the phones next to the SSID of the wifi, it says "authorization error occured"

The only thing that fixes it, temporarily, is to unplug the power, wait 10-30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Happens again an hour or 2 later.

Why is this all of a sudden happening?

Edit: I just logged in to my router via its IP address and just updated the firmware. Will this solve my issue?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 / R7000 WiFi Stopped Working

Greetings,

The firmware upgrade wasn't a bad idea, but might not be the first thing to do when you have an intermittent problem such as yours.  A reset might have been the first step,  Since you've just upgraded, performing the reset might not be a bad idea.  A reset dosn't not revert FW, it only erases the changes you've made since the update or set up was performed.  This has proven to be a reliable method for resolving this and other types of behaviors and is typically the first thing recommended.   

~Comcast 1 Gbps/50 Mbps SB8200 > R8000P
~R8000P FW:1.4.1.50 ~R7000 FW:1.0.9.42
~R6400 FW:1.0.1.52 ~Orbi-AC3000 FW:2.5.1.8
~EX3700 FW:1.0.0.78

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 / R7000 WiFi Stopped Working

@DarthxRinzler wrote:

Edit: I just logged in to my router via its IP address and just updated the firmware. Will this solve my issue?

Time will tell. Did you tell the router to update its firmware through the browser interface (the GUI)? Or did you do it manually? The GUI can be behind the curve, with newer firmware available on the support pages.

There is support material, including a manual and firmware, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

As @shadowsports says, it can help to factory reset the thing after the update.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3