Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) drops internet connection and wont allow new clients to connect

Drischar
Initiate

Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) drops internet connection and wont allow new clients to connect

My AC1900 Router will randomly dropp internet connection and will stop allowing new clients to connect to the wifi, after power cycling the router it starts to work again. This is usually happening once or twice a day.

Fireware Version - 1.0.9.88

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) drops internet connection and wont allow new clients to connect

1. what modem is it connected to? 

2. Thanks for providing firmware. What I'd start with? Install version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware. Once its installed, factory reset the router, manually re-install it (not from backup), and disable auto updates. Then see how it works. Firmware for the R7000 has been problematic if you read the forums. The .42 version seems to be the most stable and well performing. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) drops internet connection and wont allow new clients to connect

1. what modem is it connected to? 

2. Thanks for providing firmware. What I'd start with? Install version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware. Once its installed, factory reset the router, manually re-install it (not from backup), and disable auto updates. Then see how it works. Firmware for the R7000 has been problematic if you read the forums. The .42 version seems to be the most stable and well performing. 

Message 2 of 3
Drischar
Initiate

1. It is connected to a Spectru E31U2V1 modem

2. I will try to roll back the firmware to .42 this evening.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7