Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Unable to Connect to AC750 WiFi Range Extender

hood_ornament
Follower

Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Unable to Connect to AC750 WiFi Range Extender

We had been bad speed using the router that our ISP provided so we bought the Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router.
My Range Extender is AC750 WiFi Range Extender, Model EX3110
The router is on the second floor of our house. The laptops are on the ground floor. We also have occasional children here with a couple of tablets.
I am using a Dell Laptop Vostro 7500 with an Intel Core i7 10 Generation. Installed Physical Memory 16 GB. Available Physical Memory 19.11 GB.  I am also using an SSD.
I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 10 (Latest update)

My problem is that when I plug the extender into the wall, all lights are green except the Device light which is off. I get the same result in the room where the router is or if I hold my laptop right in front of the extender. I am using NordVPN with Nordlyx. 
Could anyone tell me what might be causing my devices to not be able to connect to the extender? Thank you

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Unable to Connect to AC750 WiFi Range Extender

a couple things.

1. The device link light turns on if a device connects to the extender

2. the EX3110 isn't a mesh extender.

3. Did you set a seperate ssid for the extender? if so, simply connect a device to its ssid

4. Since the ex3110 isn't a mesh extender, if you set the ssid the same as the router, your devices will tend to be "sticky". Meaning they won't roam like a mesh device will.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Unable to Connect to AC750 WiFi Range Extender

a couple things.

1. The device link light turns on if a device connects to the extender

2. the EX3110 isn't a mesh extender.

3. Did you set a seperate ssid for the extender? if so, simply connect a device to its ssid

4. Since the ex3110 isn't a mesh extender, if you set the ssid the same as the router, your devices will tend to be "sticky". Meaning they won't roam like a mesh device will.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7