Nighthawk AC1900 model R7000 wont ceonnect to Mac, Can't login to router

rgrey41585
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 model R7000 wont ceonnect to Mac, Can't login to router

I tried to setup my Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 as a repeater but was unable to now I cannot even login to the router to reset it for basic use. Please help

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 model R7000 wont ceonnect to Mac, Can't login to router

You don't need to log into the router to reset it. You can do so with the reset button at the back. Hold it until the power LED starts to blink, usually after 5-8 seconds

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.88SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 6
rgrey41585
Aspirant

I have tried that literally 50+ times. After doing so i plug the ethernet from the router to my mac but my mac just keeps saying self-assigned ip then switching to "Either the cable for Ethernet is not plugged in or the device at the other end is not responding."

Message 3 of 6
thelemonkid
Luminary

Delete the Ethernet settings in the system settings, under network. To be on the sure side you can also delete the passwords etc in the keychain. But only AFTER you wrote them down. Delete the Wifi network too. Also in the keychain.

There is no need to even plug-in an Ethernet cable. I always do everything by WiFi ( but it should be safer to have a cable attached).

Then you reset the router part of your network. Try to re-configure your network. Then switch on the repeater and configure that one. But  don't do it manually. Let the smart router do it for you. Please be sure to reconfigure you router by resetting with the reset button.

Then restart you computer after you have deleted the network completely in your mac. Then set up a new network in the settings. 

Make sure you let the router guide you through the steps to take.

Message 4 of 6
rgrey41585
Aspirant

No device is reading the wifi band the LEDs say it is active but it's not showing up...I will try the rest when I get off work. Thank you for your response, I am not a complete idiot to this sort of thing but I'm definitely in the dark right now.
Message 5 of 6
thelemonkid
Luminary

Did you accidentally hide your network on the R7000? If so you should remember that in such a situation you can't see your WiFi and you have to retype every time you connect the network name and password. As I recall correctly even when you just let your mac sleep and come back to it.

Reset and if you still can't see the WiFi with your mac it may be a good idea to see if other wifi capable phones, computers, whatever can see it. If not the R7000 might be broken.

But also follow these steps: http://wp.me/ps4An-edz 

A mac can be very stubborn to reconnect to old WiFi that it still 'remembers'. And in that situation you will have a self assigned ip address.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements