Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P Lossing WiFi

MultiByte
Tutor

Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P Lossing WiFi

Once in a blue-moon, I would have to reboot the router to make the wifi to work again.  But for past month or two, rebooting the router became more frequent due to wifi issue.  The SSID would show, but devices would connect then disconnect.  I would have to reboot the router couple of times a week.

But recently, I bought a TPLink wifi repeater to bridge my Ubuntu box downstairs, and now the above issue is more frequent, I would have to reboot the Netgear twice a day.  Thinking it may be an issue with the repeater, I got a replacement, but had the same issue.  So, I bought a different brand, WAVLINK Aerial X (AmazonSmile: WAVLINK 1200Mbps Dual Band WiFi Extender, Wireless Repeater Range Extender with 2 Gigab...

If I remove the repeater, the Netgear is back to its old "reboot twice a week" routine.

My Nighthawk has firmware version V1.3.2.134_10.1.66, and didn't see any newer version.  Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

EDIT:  I was doing "Check" feature from the router, and reply no new version available.  But I check manually on Netgear site, and there is a latest version "1.3.3.142 - Hot Fix".  I will try it first and update.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
MultiByte
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P Lossing WiFi

It's been two weeks since I've updated the firmware to V1.3.3.142_10.1.75.  Since then, it's been no longer about wifi, the entire Internet goes down, and I have to reboot the router once or twice a day.  When it goes down, only one LED is on, and unaccessible by a browser.  I've ordered another router, which should arrive within next two days, then this junk will be headed toward the trash can.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7