• 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Nighthawk AC2300 Smary WiFi Router Model R7000P

Currently my PC is connected to a Telstra Modum I am unable to connect the Nighthawk to the Telstra Modum as there are no free ports. I have tried removing the Ethernet cable from the Telstra Modum plugging into the Nighthawk and plugging in the Ethernet cable from the Nighthawk to the Telstra Modum Results no internet connection What options do I have? Is it feasible to purchase a device that accepts 2 Ethernet Cables and can be plugged into the Telstra Modum?
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC2300 Smary WiFi Router Model R7000P

What telstra modem are you using? Some are only modems and some are combo devices with a router built in.  so a model number helps.

Whenever you are changing which device is hooked to the modem first, you need to follow specific steps to get it working properly.

1. power everything down

2. Power up modem and give it a couple minutes to fully boot.

3. Hook the R7000p to the modem and power it on. Make sure the modem is connected to the wan port of the router. Give it a couple minutes to boot.

4. setup your router. Follow the install guide for the router

Even through some modems have more than 1 ethernet port, most only allow you to 1 port unless its a combo device or unless they give out more than 1 ip address (usually extra). 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000P.aspx

CAX80->GS716v2->RBR50->RBS50-RBS40V-RBS50Y
Message 2 of 2