Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC2400 says no internet connection during setup

ARgirl
Tutor

Nighthawk AC2400 says no internet connection during setup

Hi. I am trying to set up a new AC2400 router. My internet is a Mifi M2100 hotspot. I'm using a TP-Link AC750 to connect it all together. The router shows internet via the light, but the app when setting up says no internet connection. Suggestions? 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC2400 says no internet connection during setup

@ARgirl wrote:

Hi. I am trying to set up a new AC2400 router. ---Is this the actual model number? Usually netgear has the speeds listed on it and then model on the label. They do have 1 router that it functions as both.  My internet is a Mifi M2100 hotspot---which has its own integrated router function. I'm using a TP-Link AC750 to connect it all together. ----why? tplink extender? router? what is it and why are you using it (ac750 is tp-links speed rating, not model) The router shows internet via the light, but the app when setting up says no internet connection. Suggestions? 

Suggestions?

1. Properly go over your setup of what you have for devices with model numbers. 

2. be careful with cascading multiple routers. It can cause issues. Your hotspot has its own integrated router. Not sure what the tp-link is but it could be a router as well. And then you have the netgear device. You might not only be in a double nat but a triple nat.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 6
ARgirl
Tutor

@plemans Thanks for the reply. Responses in (BOLD):

Hi. I am trying to set up a new AC2400 router. ---Is this the actual model number? (R7350) Usually netgear has the speeds listed on it and then model on the label. They do have 1 router that it functions as both.

My internet is a Mifi M2100 hotspot---which has its own integrated router function.

I'm using a TP-Link AC750 to connect it all together. ----why? (For the ethernet cable from the Mifi to the TP-Link AC750)  tplink extender? router? what is it and why are you using it (ac750 is tp-links speed rating, not model) (TL-WR902AC) The router shows internet via the light, but the app when setting up says no internet connection. Suggestions? 

The Mifi doesn't have a ethernet cable, so that is what I'm using the T-Link unit for- to connect my Mifi to the TP-Link to my router then to my DVR for a security system. 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

1. does everything functing properly on the tplink? 

2. what mode is the tplink in? its a travel router so it has several modes. Which one are you using? 

3. if you're hardwiring the netgear into the tp-link, put the netgear in access point mode. 

Message 4 of 6
ARgirl
Tutor

1. Yes. My DVR test okay on the network/internet, so it is getting internet through everything.  

2. It is on the client mode. 

3. I'm not sure I understand this one. I can't get through the app setup on the netgear to change any modes. It says no internet connections. I can't connect to the netgear to get internet on my iPad as an expample.  

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

connect a pc/laptop to the netgear. Theres an option during setup at the top to avoid using a phone. once its setup, then change it to access point mode. The manual goes over how to put it in access point mode. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7