Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC3200 - secondary wifi behind Google mesh wifi point - can't connect after Google install

ryanswart
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC3200 - secondary wifi behind Google mesh wifi point - can't connect after Google install

Have Google fiber but their original network box and wifi had terrible wifi coverage.  3 years ago purchased a Nighthawk AC3200 tri-band wifi router to help with coverage and it worked pretty well.  Yesterday Google came out and installed new main wifi point and a second mesh point.  I would still like to use the Nighthawk - the same network names are still there, but when I try to connect to them it says "no internet".  All I did was unplug, move, and plug back in.  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC3200 - secondary wifi behind Google mesh wifi point - can't connect after Google ins

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC3200 - secondary wifi behind Google mesh wifi point - can't connect after Google ins

Is the R8000 in access point mode? 

running 2 routers on the network can cause issues. 

its called a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 4
ryanswart
Aspirant

Admitting my ignorance - I don't know if it's in access point mode.  How do I see the settings and change it if necessary?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7