Highlighted
Initiate

Nighthawk AC3600 - No Internet Connection

Never have I experienced such inept technical support. Your technician had no understanding of what a network is and I had to answer the same questions multiple times and was continued to ask the same question in a different way. I spent 1 hour 14 minutes on the phone with "technical" support only to be hung up on while I was awaiting a decision as to the replacement of my router. I expected to be called back only to receive an email telling me that "Case #42911917 is awaiting your inputs" (no, that was not a typo on my part...the email said "inputs". So, I call back only to be told that there were no notes in my case and that "it had only been created 4 minutes ago"! When I got upset about this apparently the notes magically appeared. I was then told that I needed to do a factory reset and that would fix my problems...only problem with that is that I had already done one! I just checked my email only to find another support case has been created (42912602) and I have been on hold now for over 25 minutes while I wait for another tech support individual who can walk me thru a factory reset. HONESTLY...THE NERVE THAT YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO PAY FOR THIS TECH SUPPORT IS JUST BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION.
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC3600 - No Internet Connection

1. many google for a support number and get scam/con sites because thats not how you contact netgear. You click mynetgear at the top, register an account and then a device. From there you can contact support. Is this how you did it? Otherwise, I'd be concerned about you getting a scam/con site. 

2. This is the community forum. We're not netgear. We're not employed. We're members of the public helping out. We get your frustrated and we're more than willing to help out. but keep in mind, we're not netgear and we're not whoever you talked to. 

Now that that's out of the way, lets start new so we know whats going on as well as we can all be on the same page.

1. What router are you using? AC3600 is a speed

2. What firmware is on it? 

3. What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

4. What issue in detail are you having? simply putting "no internet connection" doesn't tell us enough to help. Is it failing during setup? Are you connecting to it via wifi and its saying connected no internet? Are wired devices working?

Basically describe the problem for us in details since we aren't there to see it or what you're doing/done to resolve it. 

Thanks!

CM2000-> Arris AX11000 W31-> GS716v2-> WAX***-AP
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Initiate

Thank you for your reply! I understand that this is just a forum and I was definitely venting my frustration. It took me 2 hours and 20 minutes of working with the actual Netgear "tech support" to finally get an RMA for replacement. I do appreciate the time you took to respond and your willingness to help...thank you again!

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

Glad to hear you got it resolved. Sorry for the poor experience you had. Let us know if you have problems. The forum is a good place to get help if you do have issues!

CM2000-> Arris AX11000 W31-> GS716v2-> WAX***-AP
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am in the same boat as the original poster. Netgear is of marginal to no help. I am trying to get waranty support, but the number that shows up on the form goes to their normal tech support, if you choose the option that says it is past 90 days free support it essentually hangs up on you if you don't want to setup a pay account. There is no option for waranty support. My unit is locked on the last update 

Firmware Version 1.4.1.50. A hard reset doesn't change it. The unit can't be logged into with out resetting power to it.

I really appreciate the users out there that try to help, but Netgear should have at least a real direct problem reporting system regardless of how long you have owened your product.

If you know of a way to fix my current problem that would be great.

thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements