Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Nighthawk AX3000 Mesh from Costco

ParadiseSML
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX3000 Mesh from Costco

I purchased, from Costco, the Netgear Nighthawk WiFi Mesh (AX3000 or MK73).  The system works well, but I am in need of adding a third satellite to the system.  The only Nighhawk satellites available are the MS60 (AX1800) and MS80 (AX3600).  Which of these satellites is going to work with the MK73?  My assumption is the MS60, but cannot find an answer.

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX3000 Mesh from Costco

@DarrenM @ChristineT @KevinLiT 

this is the first mention of a MK73 system I've seen. Even a google search only turns up this post. 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you need more MS? 

The system seems new and thus not sure if any other MS models are compatible.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/mk73s.aspx

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@ParadiseSML wrote:

I purchased, from Costco, the Netgear Nighthawk WiFi Mesh (AX3000 or MK73).  The system works well, but I am in need of adding a third satellite to the system.  The only Nighhawk satellites available are the MS60 (AX1800) and MS80 (AX3600).  Which of these satellites is going to work with the MK73?  My assumption is the MS60, but cannot find an answer.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

That makes it interesting. The MK70 series is still dual band but has a wider (160hz) 5ghz channel in a 2x2 configuration. 

Both the 60 and the 80 series fronthaul is only a 80hz wide and 2x2. But the 80 series has a 3x3 backhaul that's 80hz wide. 

That will make compatibility interesting as you can use 60 series satellites with the 80 series router but not the other way around. Wondering if any of the mod's will chime in with compatibility plans for it.  

https://kb.netgear.com/000063029/Which-Nighthawk-Mesh-products-are-compatible-with-the-Nighthawk-Tri...

Message 4 of 7
ParadiseSML
Aspirant

This is the system from the Netgear website (https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/mk73s/).  Only available at Costco.

Message 5 of 7
ParadiseSML
Aspirant

The two satellites cover the house well.  They also give me coverage at our dock.  The reason a 3rd satellite is needed is to access our cameras on the dock.  The camera system requires a wired connection, which I can get on a satellite.  I've tried a network extender, but to view on your cellphone both cameras and cell have to be on the same network.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

If you connected a extender, the extender should be on the same network if it's in extender mode and not creating a separate network.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7