Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX6000 compatible with Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System 1.8Gbps Router + 2 Satellite

Brettbow
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX6000 compatible with Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System 1.8Gbps Router + 2 Satellite

Hi all, I've got virgin media broadband with a Hub 3 but running a nighthawk ax6000 with the virgin hub in modem mode. Being an old house with thick walls wifi signal in the back of the house is awful so could I add the Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System 1.8Gbps Router + 2 Satellites to it, I assume I just wouldn't add the router? Any advice would be appreciated greatly, thanks
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX6000 compatible with Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System 1.8Gbps Router + 2 Satel

You can do that but it wouldn't 'integrate' with the system.

What actual router do you have? AX6000 is a speed, not a model.

Before investing more in mesh systems, I'd look at getting either ethernet pulled or using moca adapters for a backhaul. Reason why is the mesh system still need a wireless connection between them. If your home is struggling because of interference and not from size, switching to a mesh doesn't always help. It can help but usually you need to figure out a better link between the satellites/router or its going to have the same issues your having now. 

Message 2 of 5
Brettbow
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AX6000 compatible with Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System 1.8Gbps Router + 2 Satel

Hi Plemans,
Thanks for your response, the model I'm using is an RAX80, been very good but as I mentioned signal isn't always good enough in some parts of the house. I was hoping to add some sort of nest or perhaps run an ethernet cable to another device but no idea what tbh?
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

It won't integrate but you can pair it with a mesh system. Especially if you can hardwire it in. 

If its not hardwired, you just need to keep in mind that if your devices don't have a good signal in a location, neither will the satellites. 

Message 4 of 5
Brettbow
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the info, I can hardwire it so maybe that's the way to go, then run the satellite off from there which should be plenty for the house, many thanks indeed
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7