Aspirant

Nighthawk Ac1750 won’t stay on

Ok so basically I got a new used router from a guy and I connected it as the manual said (to a cm700 modem) and it won’t stay on. The power light turns on, then all the others come on at once in orange or white then all turn off except for the power and what Ethernet port is being used stay on in orange. When I first plug in the modem to it the WiFi light shows white until start to mess with it.
Eventually all the lights turn off except a very faint orange glow from the power button.
The router can’t be found on the networks list of my phone or laptop and when I plug my laptop into it via Ethernet I get nothing.
I’ve tried resetting it using the reset button, power cycling and a few other ways. I’ve also made sure the vents were clean to rule out over heating.

I’m typically pretty computer literate but I just cannot figure out why nothing is working on this thing.
Thanks for the help.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk Ac1750 won’t stay on

I've been having the same issue with mine since updating the firmware to v1.0.4.98. I have the same modem as you as well. I've done multiple reboots and even reset to factory. Haven't seen any solutions yet in the forum. I've had this setup for two years and worked flawlessly until now.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5

@Cohl wrote:
Ok so basically I got a new used router from a guy...

New or used? Hard to see how it can be both.

Sounds like a dud that needs returning to the seller.

@Cohl wrote:
The power light turns on, then all the others come on at once in orange or white then all turn off except for the power and what Ethernet port is being used stay on in orange.

An orange power light is a sign of corrupt firmware.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Check the troubleshooting section in the manual. It explains what the LEDs mean.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 5
Aspirant

@michaelkenward 

Its fairly new but i bought it from an individual after he used it for a while so i called it new used, dont get hung up on little things man its not important.

I want to try updating the firmware but it says you need to nighthawk app and need to be connected to the network of the router that you wantto update, the thing is I cant get the **bleep**er to turn on for wifi or I wouldnt be here. Is there a way to update via usb or something?

I read what the leds meant and it didnt help me that the device wouldnt stay on, I cant find my combonation of lights in the manual.

Message 4 of 5

@Cohl wrote:

@michaelkenward 

Its fairly new but i bought it from an individual after he used it for a while so i called it new used, dont get hung up on little things man its not important.

It can be very important. But if it doesn't matter to you, fine. Someone else can help you out, especially given the random nature of the rest of your message. Good luck. You may need it.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements