Highlighted
Aspirant

Nighthawk Amber Power Light / Wi-Fi gone?

I bought the Netgear Nighthawk AC2400 (MU-MIMO) and set it up on my network essentially as a switch connected to a preexisting modem/gateway, and had both my wifi channels running from it and multiple gaming consoles connected.

This morning, I turned my computer on and my Nighthawk’s lights turned pink and white, before settling on an amber power light and another white light.

The wifi channels are gone and the wired connections are no longer functional - I tried powering it off and on again, but nothing seems to work. I can’t connect to the router to troubleshoot without it providing wifi

Any solutions / suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: Nighthawk Amber Power Light / Wi-Fi gone?

@Ringle wrote:

This morning, I turned my computer on and my Nighthawk’s lights turned pink and white, before settling on an amber power light and another white light.

Which lights are these?

There is support for the AC2400 at the end of this link:

>>> AC2400 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

See the section Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

@Ringle wrote:
I bought the Netgear Nighthawk AC2400 (MU-MIMO) and set it up on my network essentially as a switch connected to a preexisting modem/gateway, and had both my wifi channels running from it and multiple gaming consoles connected.

Does this mean that it is in access point mode?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

I didn't see that section in the link - When I first turn it on, the pink lights are the 1-4 port lights and the adjacent wifi light. Then they all turn off for about three seconds, relighting with the Power and the adjacent light in pink, then the 2.4/5Ghz lights and two USB lights in white, and the 1-4 ports in pink. THe last two do not light up.

Afterwards, they all turn off and the Power light changes to amber.

And yes, the router was operating in Access Point mode when it stopped working. I tried resetting it multiple times, so it may not be configured as such anymore

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

And yes, the router was operating in Access Point mode when it stopped working. I tried resetting it multiple times, so it may not be configured as such anymore

It isn't now. The factory reset wipes out that setting.

Separate it from the rest of the network. Go in and see if you can reset it in AP mode. Then add it to the whole network.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements