Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App Timing Out after firmware update to R6400v2, Firmware v1.0.0.122

nubble
Tutor

Nighthawk App Timing Out after firmware update to R6400v2, Firmware v1.0.0.122

Recently updated firmware to V1.0.4.122 a few weeks ago.  Everything has been running fine.  A few days ago I rebooted the router with the Nighthawk app as it was running slow.  When it rebooted, the Nighhawk app opened up a login window asking for the router username and password. I have tried entering it several times as I get a message saying " Logon timed out, please try again.

I have re-started my mobile phone several times as well as removing and reinstalling the nighthawk app.  Same logon time out message.

Wifi is working fine, just can't access the router with the Nighthawk app.  Contacted Netgear support and all they told me to do is reinstall the NIghhawk app which I had already done several times.

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk App Timing Out after firmware update to R6400v2, Firmware v1.0.0.122

Have you tried the old defaults on the app? 

Default login: admin

password: password

all lower case. 

Are you able to log in through the browser?

Message 2 of 8
nubble
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk App Timing Out after firmware update to R6400v2, Firmware v1.0.0.122

Yes tried the defaults, still can’t log in using the nighthawk app

Yes I can log into the router using a browser
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

cleared cache/data on the app? 

Message 4 of 8
nubble
Tutor

How do you clear the nighthawk app cache/data on an iPhone 11.

I have already tried cleaning the safari browser history several times
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

@nubble wrote:
How do you clear the nighthawk app cache/data on an iPhone 11.

I have already tried cleaning the safari browser history several times

Not sure if you can. I'm an android/windows guy. 

Does it work on a different iphone/iOS device? 

Message 6 of 8
nubble
Tutor

Tried logging into the router through the nighthawk app installed on another iPhone. Could not, got the same timeout message
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried a factory reset on the router and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser and set it up fully using the web browser? Than try to access the router using the NH app? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7