Nighthawk C7000 constantly resets after failing wifi setup

teria
Follower

Nighthawk C7000 constantly resets after failing wifi setup

My router started reseting the other day, and when it came up it would reset again aftering trying to form a Downstream connection. It did this all night, and the one time I managed to make it work was when I disabled wifi with the button on the front. I tried turning it back on to show my roommate who doesn't know anything about these, and it started up again, but now the button won't turn off the wifi.

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk C7000 constantly resets after failing wifi setup

@teria wrote:

My router started reseting the other day, and when it came up it would reset again aftering trying to form a Downstream connection.

Reset (as in go back to factory settings) or reboot (as in keep turning on and off?

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for the C7000:

Cable Modems & Routers

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements