Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000v2 Google Wifi

FutzPatrick
Follower

Nighthawk C7000v2 Google Wifi

Hi, I am new to all this, but here it goes.

Recently purchased this wonderful router modem, but my family and I live on a large amount of property so to help get single everywhere, we got the Google Wifi Points. I was hooking them up and the third and last one (IMO the most import because it is going up stairs where I game and and stream movies/shows) would not connect. I tried everything for an hour, and go help with someone from Google, who then spent 2 to 3 hours also trying to help. At the end it was told I might not have something called Bridgemode enabled, and needed to get that active to hook up my third point. 

I have googled, and youtubed my butt off trying to figute it out, and can't find anything, I log on to 192.168.0.1 and went through all the advance settings I  could  with no luck. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

-Futz

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 Google Wifi

@FutzPatrick wrote:

At the end it was told I might not have something called Bridgemode enabled, and needed to get that active to hook up my third point. 

It sounds like you are trying to stick one router (the Google ?) behind an other, your C7000v2.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your C7000v2.

Check the section Connect Your Modem Router to a Router After Installation and Activation. Look for "bridge".

There is an alternative option, check out how to put the Google thing into wireless access point (AP) mode.

It is worrying that Google took 2 to 3 hours to come up with a solution that should take about 10 minutes. This is one of those constant issues that comes up here daily.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7