Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid White?

phaedruspress
Aspirant

Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid White?

Modem/ router is connected to the TV via an Ethernet cable. Port 1. Sling TV on the TV works just fine however this light is solid Amber/ Yellow. When I connect a second Ethernet Cable Port 4 to a dedicated Ethernet Port on the notebook computer this light is solid White. Is one light supposed to be Amber/ Yellow and the other White? Both SlingTV on the TV works just fine (amber light) as does the Interenet connection (white light).TIA.

Modem.jpg

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid Whi

@phaedruspress wrote:

>That's signifying its connecting at a 10/100mbps connection and not gigabit

Thanks for replying. That would sound about right then if I am not mistaken. Port 1 amber light. The TV is about 3 - 4 years old and I would not expect it to have GIGabit capabilities.

Most tv's aren't gigabit as streaming 4k only needs around 25-40mbps. so even a 100mbps connection will suffice and since its hardwired, you don't get the interference/network overhead of wireless. Glad to hear its working as it should 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
phaedruspress
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk CAX30 AX2700 Cable Modem Router; One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid Whi

I don't know why the image did not show. You can see it here One Light is Solid Amber The Other Light is Solid White? 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Review the modems user manual for LED indication behavior information. Amber usually means 100Mpbs connection while WHITE is 1000Mpbs. 

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

That's signifying its connecting at a 10/100mbps connection and not gigabit

Message 4 of 7
phaedruspress
Aspirant

>Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products.

Thanks for replying and the additional links

Message 5 of 7
phaedruspress
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. That would sound about right then if I am not mistaken. Port 1 amber light. The TV is about 3 - 4 years old and I would not expect it to have GIGabit capabilities.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@phaedruspress wrote:

Most tv's aren't gigabit as streaming 4k only needs around 25-40mbps. so even a 100mbps connection will suffice and since its hardwired, you don't get the interference/network overhead of wireless. Glad to hear its working as it should 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7