Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CM1200 with ORbi RB10 - connection issues

TexMac78412
Aspirant

Nighthawk CM1200 with ORbi RB10 - connection issues

Hi all, 

First time poster. We purchased a Netgear Nighthawk CM1200 along with the Orbi RB10 mesh setup last July. This is all connected using Spectrum. Over the past 10 months, everything has been working incredibly well, but in the last few weeks we have noticed that we seem to continually lose wifi connection, though everything seems to be connected fine (Orbi shows blue lights). 

All the lights on the Netgear Nighthawk are GREEN, but the only "blinking" one is the UPLOAD icon. 

What I have to do is unplug the Modem and then the router (I do the satellites as well), wait 30 seconds or so and then plug the Modem back in and then the Router, then the satellites. That typically fixes the issue for a few hours or so, but then it seems to occur again during later in the day. 

Do you think this is a hardware issue on our end or an Issue with the ISP from Spectrum? 

We have always had good speeds (Upload about 24mbs and Download at 484mbs). These have remained constant after each re-start. 

any ideas? 

Firmware on Router: V2.6.2.104 (recently upgraded)

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CM1200 with ORbi RB10 - connection issues

do wired devices have issues? Only wireless devices? 

Do you have a screen snip of the modem's cable connection page and the logs? 

Message 2 of 11
TexMac78412
Aspirant

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.51.32 PM.pngWired does.

WiFi devices do.

Again, it's random throughout the day. Seems to work well for a bit and then kind of degrade. Sometimes by turning on/off the Wifi clears it, other times it's a hard reboot of the modem and Orbi. 

Is the attached helpful?

Message 3 of 11
TexMac78412
Aspirant

Sorry, let's try that again.

Message 4 of 11
plemans
Guru

well you got part of the logs. which tend to indicate a problem. but its tough to know without more of the logs and the cable connections page. the cable connections page shows upstream/downstream data to help check the signal

Message 5 of 11
TexMac78412
Aspirant

Sorry about that and thanks for your patience. Here is another log and I'll send the cable connections as well. 

Message 6 of 11
TexMac78412
Aspirant

Cable logs. 

Message 7 of 11
TexMac78412
Aspirant

Cable log 2. (I guess I can only attach one file at a time on this site?)

Message 8 of 11
TexMac78412
Aspirant

cable log 3. 

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

Your downstream power levels are just a tough high but still within spec. the problem is your logs indicate issues with the line. Your getting range window violations (when power is to high/low), t3/t4 notices, power notices. 

I'd check your link for kinks, damage, bad/old/corroded/cheap connectors. If you can, move the modem to right where the coax comes into the home (prevents wiring in the home being the issue).

If you're still getting the issue, then the ISP will need to check the line. 

Message 10 of 11
TexMac78412
Aspirant

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to look this over. I'll do what you suggest and see if that changes anything. Again, it's strange in that it has been working amazingly well until a few weeks ago, so perhaps it is the coaxial cable/connection. I'll give all that a shot. 

Have a good one!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7