Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000 no longer connects to internet - orange Internet LED glowing

ianl
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000 no longer connects to internet - orange Internet LED glowing

D7000 previously connected to BT Infinity (FTTC service) and worked well.  (The client hardware - Apple Macbook Pro: OS X El Capitan 10.11.5, WIndows 10, various IOS devices, Smart TV and 2 printers connected over Develo dLAN Powerline adapters) Went away for two weeks and on return there was no internet service, the orange Internet LED was glowing.  Tried powering off router and also resetting router but still the router would not connect to the Internet.  Wi-Fi to the router worked.  Executed NetGenie and this failed to correct the error/fault.  Replaced the Nighthawk router with a spare BT HomeHub 5 (combined Modem/Router supplied by the ISP) and an internet connection was achieved.  However the BT HomeHub will properly support the connected client devices and I would like to get the Nighthawk router re-installed.  Does any one have any suggestions please?  Thank you

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ianl
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk D7000 no longer connects to internet - orange Internet LED glowing

Thanks to all who offered advice.  Dispite performing factory reset the D7000 still refused to either connect to the internet through the internal VDSL modem or through a freestanding VDSL modem.  I have replaced the D7000 and my internet connection has been restored!  (Still do not know what was the problem and am very surprised / disappointed Netgear could not care less as the original was out of its 90 day free support period.)

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5

All Replies
ianl
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk D7000 no longer connects to internet - orange Internet LED glowing

Update:

Tried connecting Nighthawk via ethernet cable to VDSL modem - still Nighthawk will not connect to the internet

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ianl

So even trying to use the D7000 as just a router is not working? and you have done a full factory reset?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
KittyDigitize
Aspirant

My R7000 is doing the very same thing.
Message 4 of 5
ianl
Aspirant

Thanks to all who offered advice.  Dispite performing factory reset the D7000 still refused to either connect to the internet through the internal VDSL modem or through a freestanding VDSL modem.  I have replaced the D7000 and my internet connection has been restored!  (Still do not know what was the problem and am very surprised / disappointed Netgear could not care less as the original was out of its 90 day free support period.)

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7