Nighthawk DST 5G Network not showing up

sgruning
Aspirant

Nighthawk DST 5G Network not showing up

I have had our internet service out here twice to figure out why are having so many issues with our internet. It was determined it is the router and the 5G network not showing up. So everything is using up the 2.4 GHz. I do have the latest FW update. I don't think it has been working for sometime. It has been reset. I am NOT technically so please respond with step by step solutions.  Appreciate any ideas!  

Thank you.

Model: R7300DST|Nighthawk DST—AC1900 DST Router
Message 1 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk DST 5G Network not showing up

Hi sgruning,

Try to reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually. If still the same, you have to contact Geeksquad and have it replaced.

Message 2 of 7
sgruning
Aspirant

Thank you, I will try resetting to factory settings when I get back home. Calling Geek Squad is worthless or they want to charge me $100 to come to my home. The day after I bought this they could not even walk me through setting it up which I found very disappointing after spending close to $300 on this product, I found on line tutorials and did it myself. If they will replace it, that would be great. I can take it into a Best Buy where I purchased it.  Our Cox rep said he feels this is one of the best routers out there. Yep, even had Cox out here trying to figure out why my internet is so slow. He helped me identify that the 5G is not working.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi sgruning,

Have you tried replacing your unit from best buy?

Message 4 of 7
sgruning
Aspirant

I did not, I bought over two years ago and I am sure I do not have the receipt. However, I did reset it, and it took several resets and turning on and off the router to work. Now the 5g is showing up under the Genie app.  But this brought up other issues. It is now showing my old SSID names and they are not showing up on my phone for wireless or my TV for streaming. And the Genie app asked me for a pw that it now does not seem to recognize. I even printed the paper confiming login and pw. It also confirms my recent SSID names but I can find them on my list of wireless options.  Grrr.....

Message 5 of 7
sgruning
Aspirant

I think this may have worked, but not sure yet.

Message 6 of 7
sgruning
Aspirant

I decided to try and return to Best Buy or replace. I can not get it to work.Someone gave us a Luxul wifi router that we kept and were going to use as a repeater, but instead we replaced the Netgear and it is working great. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements