Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk DST AC1900 - Can't find Internet

carylynnj777
Aspirant

Nighthawk DST AC1900 - Can't find Internet

I just received my new Nighthawk DST AC1900, followed the set up instructions and was unable to complete the set up.  I have checked my Internet connection, talked to my ISP (my connection is plug and play 100Mbps delivered over Cat 5E).  I used the Genie feature and for some reason, the router can't find the Internet.

I even tried entering the MAC address of my old router into the Netgear Start Up Genie to no avail.  My IP address is assigned dynamically.

I purchased this router through Best Buy, GeekSquad couldn't help me since it wouldn't connect to the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
carylynnj777
Aspirant

Yes I just spent 2 hours with Netgear support. Used both my previous router and laptop Mac addresses, multiple resets both hard and soft, and the Internet LED remains solid amber with no Internet connectivity. We also did a firmware upgrade. NG support told me to return it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Is that the R7300DST?

R7300DST | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 4
carylynnj777
Aspirant

Yes I just spent 2 hours with Netgear support. Used both my previous router and laptop Mac addresses, multiple resets both hard and soft, and the Internet LED remains solid amber with no Internet connectivity. We also did a firmware upgrade. NG support told me to return it.
Message 3 of 4

Drat. One of those DOA jobs.

Hope it wasn't a Christmas present to yourself.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7