Nighthawk MR2100 performance issues

Hi All,

to start let me put some details of the unit that I am having difficulty with:

Model: mr2100

Firmware: NTGX24_10.19.03.00

Firmware build date: 2021/09/01

hardware version : 1.0

Modem version: SDX24_10.25.02.03

Ok, now lets start with a bit of history.  We have a Huwai router that is wireless only and connects really well to the internet.  It is fast, reliable and consistently delivering good results from streaming through to standard internet activities.  We needed to introduce ethernet capability for monitoring our solar system (Regional Australia) and decided to upgrade our router / modem to one that had Ethernet capability.  Enter the Nighthawk.

The NightHawk MR2100, by comparison to the previous equipment (Huwai), performs very badly - so much so that we have reverted back to the Huwai unit for our internet usage.  The Nighthawk unit is consistently slow, unreliable and delivering bad results.  Accessing the internet is slow and streaming is not possible.

I have tried turning off the wifi (which is really inconvenient for phones and tablets) and only work with the ethernet - this does not seem to make any noticeable difference. 

I have tried turning the unit from Automatic to LTE which also does not appear to make any noticeable difference.  

I would like a resolution to this if possible. 

It seems that this particular unit is less than suitable for even domestic use. 

If someone has any ideas I would be most appreciative?

I thought I would have one last try before relegating this piece of equipment to landfill.

I might say, I am very disappointed in the performance of this unit and at this point in time would not recommend it to anyone.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk MR2100 performance issues

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Mobile Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with mobile routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 3
ccriddle
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk MR2100 performance issues

Thanks,  duly noted and will rectify.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos